September 8th - 12th

 

Learning Intention: (Science)

- Energy: Understandings of the physical world are deepened by investigating matter and energy
- Students investigate the behaviours of light

I Can:
- Identify sources of light
- Conduct an investigation to determine how the path of light can be affected
- Examine how natural objects affect the path of sunlight

This week students had lots of fun investigating and exploring light energy using a variety of materials at different centres. 


We learned about the different sources and behaviours of light.


Ask your child what they discovered about light while they explored the different centres...



TW - "I noticed that when we were shining the light on the disk it made a rainbow."

BF - "When we used the flashlights we could see shadows from the diamond squares."

MS - " I noticed that we had to keep moving the flashlight and disk because sometimes the angle didn't work."

CM - "I learned that light can bounce of things, like it did with the tin foil and the mirror."

DM - "When I put the paper with the arrow on it behind the glass it changed the direction the arrow was pointing!"

HR - "I noticed that the plastic wrap and the wax paper were both see through but the card and tin foil were not see through."

HP - "I noticed that when I put the card with the arrow on it behind the glass of water, it made the arrow look bigger."